For the 2024 conference, we welcome proposals that are in alignment with the theme of the conference. We are particularly interested in the following sub-themes and welcome proposals on topics related to them:
- Major challenges facing Africa in the twenty-first century.
- Political instability, foreign intrusion, and the quest for peace and security.
- African unity and regional integration toward strategic sovereignty and collective self-reliance.
- Substantive opportunities and prospects that Africa can/must leverage to fully succeed and become a world power in the twenty-first century.
- Women’s self-empowerment and the holistic advancement of the African community.
- The double-edged sword of Africa’s massive youth demographic: How to avoid youth bulge and attain youth dividend.
- Youth empowerment through innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Out of the ivory towers and in the grassroots community: Academic education for effective development in twenty-first century Africa.
- Africa and its multilayered Diaspora: Global Africa in theory and practice.
- The African Union’s Sixth Region in theory and practice.
- Effective people-guided and development-centered leadership and governance in twenty-first century Africa: From aspiration to realization.
We invite individual paper proposals that are in alignment with the sub-themes listed above. Accepted individual papers will be assembled into panels and the corresponding panelists will be informed accordingly.
Panel propositions should include the sub-theme of the panel and a one-paragraph summary of the panel’s presentation, the list of panelists with their institutional affiliations, the topic on which each panelist will be presenting and a summary of the presentation that each panelist will be making.
The deadline to submit paper and panel proposals is January 25, 2024.
Acceptance notifications will be sent out by January 31, 2024.
Paper and panel proposals, as well as all conference-related questions, are to be emailed to Professors Alem Hailu and Mohamed Saliou Camara at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.